Sunday, July 29, 2007

A little trip...

This weekend was a great weekend for a little trip with my friend Staci. It has been quite a while since we were were able to take one of our road trips together. We make a great team since she loves to drive and I love to ride. We have logged many hours on the road exploring little side roads and taking longer trips. Cute man is not much of a fan of meandering road trips, so having a friend like Staci has been a huge blessing! We met more than 8 years ago when we both worked at a call center in Wichita. Isn't it funny how you can run into a hundred people but one person just clicks? That's how it was with us even though we are pretty different in just about every way--we just clicked. And the rest is history....

Saturday we went to Newton, Kansas so that we could log a road trip and look in the quilting store they have downtown called Charlotte's..It is a fabulous place. I found some sunflower and wheat pattern batik fabric that is just awesome! Since this is Kansas and we are known for wheat and sunflowers, this fabric may just have to go into the quilt for my oldest who is Iowa. I am going to have to go back soon since they had a really great selection of batik fabric and some purse patterns that I likes a lot. Staci does not sew or quilt (YET) so I am going to make a purse for her from a pattern she found there. We also got to hit a couple of the shops there and found some real gems! I found an old copy of a candy recipe book at one of the used bookstores and it was only $2.00! I usually make a lot of candy for gifts each Christmas, so this is definitely something I'll use. There is a bead store downtown that also sells yarn...BE STILL MY HEART!!! I can't wait to get their class list emailed to me!

Unfortunately I did not get pictures since my camera batteries were dead again. I have a vivitar vivicam 8300s and I have to say I am really not impressed with it at all. If anyone has any suggestions on a good and reasonably prices digital camera, PLEASE let me know. This one is on my last nerve. I need one that doesn't suck the battery dry every day and doesn't have a time lapse from the time you press the button til it takes the picture.....

All in all it was a good day Saturday. It got the itch out of my traveling feet and Staci and I got to spend some time conversing. Staci brought along her 8 year old cousin, Paige--who was one of the best behaved 8 year olds I've met. I know she must have gotten bored, but she never complained.

No comments: