Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Turning Around

So it seems like it has been forever since I posted to this blog, and guess what? It has.

I have been trying to decide what the focus of this blog is going to be and how it will have relevance to my life lately. I had considered focusing on frugal stuff, but seriously, while important, it is not enough to get me excited about showing up to the page. I am going to change the focus to include my craft, art and all my creative pursuits. There will be frugal and cooking mixed in, but the main focus is going to be the creative act and the end result.

2010 is the year I will participate in the Craft or Bust 2010 challenge. Each week I will work on an ongoing project and record the progress with pictures, or I will do something that can be completed during the week and write a little about that. I intend to use this to help me jump start my creative process and keep me accountable for actually showing up to do the work.. Tomorrow will be the first post of the year, although for everyone else in the challenge it has been going on for a few weeks longer. My formal goal is to craft at least one new piece of jewelry or adornment each month whether in metal, fiber or any other medium, including painting and drawing.

No comments: