Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Home for Good-Day 2

Today is my second day of being home for good. It feels weird that I don't have a huge block of my day already preplanned for me, however so far I haven't been all that great about actually getting anything accomplished except for a baking jag I went on yesterday that netted 2 large pans of 7 layer bars (one with the coconut and one with white chocolate chips instead of coconut) and 2 pumpkin pies. Yep, that is going to have to stop. I'll have to make it a point to only bake once a week or I am going to be regretting staying home....Let's see, the agenda for this week includes an early morning trip to Sam's before it gets crowded, a trip to the public gardens and getting my closet organized FINALLY. I am working from the closet outward. I will post a before and after picture only when I have an AFTER since the before picture is pretty scary. The up side to that is it can only look better....

On the craft side, I have been taking a spinning class and am looking for a used wheel. Do you know how hard it is to find a used wheel ? I think everyone else is looking for the same thing. I am surprising myself and leaning towards Louet wheels. I am usually a fan of the traditional spinning wheel look, but I have kind of taken a fancy to the clean lines of the Louet. So if anyone knows of anyone with a Louet they'd like to part with at a good price, email me. I want to spin some yarn from the mystery roving I have ordered from Wool2dye4. They have excellent yarn and they had a mystery roving for $10 a pound. Can't pass that up! I am going to spin my own wool to dye and ply. Since they said it was a mystery but definitely not merino, I hope it is a least soft enough for sock yarn. We'll see. So far I have been VERY happy with anything I've bought from them.

I still haven't figured out my new camera so no pictures right now. Tomorrow may warrant a trip downtown so I will try to get hubby to load up my camera software tonight and hopefully have some eye candy for you. So what are your plans this week? Have you got all your Christmas preparations completed? What are your plans for Christmas? Leave me a comment with all the details!

Good friends and great coffee to you and yours!

No comments: