Saturday, July 12, 2008

Can't sleep Post

Yes, it is storming outside and I should not be on the computer, but it is 5 something in the morning and I can't sleep. So instead I am checking out the blogs of others and adding blurbs to my own blog. I'm sure I will feel like hell in a couple hours, but luckily I don't have to worry about going anywhere today. The only big plan on the schedule is to knit some more on a pair of socks that have been hanging on my needles WAY too long and to make something sweet to munch on. Oh, and get to the pottery studio to throw some pots. I've missed two weeks worth of throwing so I'd bette pull it out! It might be better if I skip the baking part since I have really crashed my diet and have actually gained weight this month.

I am actually enjoying the rain we have been getting lately. It helps to water the plants outside and save me some $$ on the water bill. If it rains during the day today, I am going to move my spinning wheel over to the patio door and do a little spinning. I need to stay home and out of the yarn shop anyway. I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO blown the budget and have bought a ton of knitting related stuff this month. That would be OK except for the reality of the fact that I have enough of a yarn stash already.

So, from this weekend until the end of the summer, I am going to do my best to not add to the stash--and to knit from what I have!

I blew the spirit of the Compact this month big time. It is a little ironic that I did better following the Compact before I officially began...That said, I am following the Compact on my own since it appears they are not active anymore. I have emailed the group leader several times and have not received a response. It appears a lot of the group keep their entries on their personal blogs and don't post to the group site, so I usually go to the individual sites, and keep my notes on this blog site about my efforts (TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS) to get a handle on my spending and to make responsible decisions about not buying new. I have a ton of book that are sitting on the bookshelf, unread, and a ton of other craft related enterprises that need to be consumed, so it's not like I have a good excuse to buy something new.... except maybe some stuff to make things for a craft show I am going to have a booth at this Fall. I need to make a lot of earring, necklaces and bracelets to sell. Haven't started on them yet...

Ideally today I will get oldest son's room packed up and the walls painted so I can get it turned into my studio and the guest bedroom. I would really like to be able to have all my craft stuff in one place and organized. I get pretty frustrated since I have a pretty good stock of jewelry supplies, but since they are scattered around, I often have problems finding them. The game pan is to get the room in order, then bring in shelving units and bins for a better system of organization.

No comments: