Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fun Day

Although the budget took a wee bit of a hit today, I had a lot of fun! I will have to be careful for the rest of the week, but today was a treat.

I drove to Newton today to take a sock class. Since no one had signed up in advance, they ended up cancelling it and the shop didn't open until 10 a.m. That gave me time to hit Prairie Harvest Natural Food store a couple doors down and have a cinnamon roll (their homemade cinnamon rolls and bread are to die for!) and a Tazo tea for breakfast. Then I even had time to peruse the thrift store next door. I always find treasures there. I picked up some really good cooking magazines and a couple cookbooks for a steal. I probably didn't need any more cooking magazines, but these had some really good oldies that I haven't seen since I was a kid...I know, lame excuse.

The good thing about the sock class getting cancelled was that was I got to take a beading class from Julie. The Newton Beadery has both beads and yarn--the best of both worlds. I've taken a couple beading classes there in the past and completely loved it so today was a real treat. We did a crochet bead work bracelet. It was FUN!! I'll post pictures later...I met up with Cindy a little later and we went for lunch and then to Border's to sit and knit/read. Hubby joined us a little later and hung out with us until the bookstore closed.... An overall EXCELLENT day! Except for that little budget thing....oopsie....

$ spent today:
Bead store: $30
Breakfast $5
Lunch $10
Thrift store $6
Coffee : $4 (this could have been skipped...)
Filled the gas tank: $23
Groceries: $24

I will behave and be careful the rest of the week.........

No comments: