Monday, May 28, 2007

Hi! Welcome to Wal-Mart hell!

One more reason I usually avoid Wal-Mart in favor of Target or local grocery stores. They are doing away with the fabric departments in most of their stores, except for one that has a history of crime in their parking lots and doesn't have enough parking.....it was bad enough when they did away with lay-away, which was the reason I bought big ticket items there...Now, add to it the repeated bad customer service of cashiers...Friends and I went to the Wal-Mart on East Kellogg street this weekend and I picked up a box of Flavor ice pops. When I got to the register, I noticed the floor under my cart was a little wet. One or more of the pops were leaking. I got to the cashier (named Victoria) who was not the picture of even barely passable customer service. When I told her the box was leaking, she cut me off and said "So do you want them or not". I was a little stunned as were the other shoppers in line. I said "no" to which she ripped open a shopping bag on the carousel and slammed them into the bag. Everyone looked at each other. That was topped by her dropping the box to the floor in front of her. I hope it broke more of them...and top it off with not even a "SCREW YOU FOR SHOPPING AT WAL-MART". She just turned and scowled at the remaining customers that had not fled her line in fear....Is it too much to ask for a little courtesy? I understand that weekends are busy and hard when you are a cashier, but please keep in mind, the person you piss off is likely to take her next $300 shopping spree to Target (which I will do this week!). I found an armoire at Target and one at Wal-Mart that I like. Guess who is getting my money?!
OK, I'm done......

No comments: